To understand your bird dream meaning, you will need to recall as much as you can about the details of the dream, including its context, story, scenario, elements, environment and your feelings and the role you played it. Besides, all your major and minor experiences on the day before the dream and the matters that concern you in your life.
You will be able to interpret your dream in-light of these variables as presented in the examples in the following lines.
Bird dream meaning based on the place
Do you remember the place where you saw the bird in your dream? If your answer is yes, then it might be a key to understand your dream meaning.
- If you have seen the bird in a garden, then it could mean that you are seeking freedom in your life either consciously or subconsciously.
- It could represent your desire to bring joy and happiness to your life.
- The place could be a negative or positive indication. Gardens for most people are places for pleasure, but it might not be the same case for others.
- If you had a negative experience at a certain garden like being attacked there or threatened, then the bird might be a warning or a threat depends on the context of the dream.
- It might represent your fear of heights as birds fly to high altitudes above the ground.
- It could represent your desire for freedom
- It could mean that you have a desire for flying and moving to other places
- It can represent a threat (in relation to the other variables)
- It could mean that you were experiencing loneliness and isolation
- It can mean that you are interested about love and have a desire for marriage
- It could mean that you are interest in going to a peaceful place
Bird dream meaning based on the characters
1 – The bird
- A bird can be a messenger, a guardian and a transporter.
- It can be a source of threat
- It could represent someone in your life
- It might be an enemy
- It could be someone you care about
- A certain fear represented in a bird
If you are the bird itself, then it would clearly indicate your desire for freedom, escape and moving to different places without any restraints. But it can also have other meanings depends on your role, activities and interactions. In addition, it could mean that you want to observe something or someone.
Any spoken words, conversations and sounds could carry a message from your subconscious that represents a certain concern or something that you have figured out. It can be relevant to your bird dream meaning and it can be irrelevant.
For example, if a bird warned you about something or gave you an advice it could be a message from your subconscious. Also, it might represent your inner desires and feelings that you have oppressed.
2 – Friends
- Your friends are sharing the same goal with you
- They can be preventing a message carried by the bird from reaching you
- They could be the ones who are sending you a certain message
- Your friends can be trying to deliver a message to you
- They are the ones you want to share your message with
- You want to share your happiness with them
- Your friends are concerned about the same problem you are concerned about and you are looking for an answer
- They can be trying to help you in achieving your goal
- They could be keeping you from achieving your goal
- They could be trying to achieve a goal and you are helping them
- They could be trying to help you escape from trouble
- They could be helping you in chasing someone
- They could be chasing someone and you are helping them
- They could be supporting your desire for adventure
- They could be trying to help you in conquering your fear of heights
3 – Family
- Some of your family members are trying to prevent a message carried by the bird from reaching you
- They can be the ones sending you a message with the bird
- They could be trying to deliver a certain message to you
- You want to share a message or an experience with the family members that were present in your dream
- You and your family are sharing a problem and looking for an answer
- They could be trying to help you in achieving your goal
- They could be trying to help you in escaping from trouble
- They could be helping you in chasing someone
- They could be supporting you in conquering your fear of heights
4 – Strangers
- You believe that strangers might prevent a message from reaching you
- It could mean that a message is being sent to you from a stranger by the bird
- You could be interested in sharing your feelings with everyone
- You believe that a stranger might help you reach your goal
- You think that strangers might help you in escaping a certain problem
- You think that strangers might help you in solving a certain problem
Bird dream meaning based on different scenarios
- If you were just observing the bird, then it means your desire for peace and admiration of these beautiful creatures
- If you were trying to catch a bird, then it might represent your interest in reaching out something that is hard to reach in your life
- If you were running after the bird and fell, then it would mean that your subconscious is warning you against following your goals while ignoring your own safety and your current life.
- If you were attacking the bird or the bird attacking you, it means that you are concerned about someone that represents a threat to you.
- If you have seen a dead bird, then it means that you are concerned about failure or losing someone.
- If you were observing birds mating, then it would mean that you are looking up for a stable life and marriage.
- If you were admiring birds, then it means that you like birds and you like growing up birds and taking care of them.
- If you were taking care of a bird in your dream, it means that you have a kind heart and you want to have partner.
Bird dream meaning based on symbolism
|Freedom of movement||It means that you are looking for having the freedom to move anywhere you like|
|Freedom of speech||It means that you need to be able to express your opinions without any restrictions|
|Freedom of making your own choices||It means that you are concerned about your control over your own life or your ability to make decisions in general|
|Travelling||It means that you have a great desire of travelling and exploring new places|
|Love and care||It means that you are looking for love|
|Stability in relationships||It means that you are interested in having a stable relationship|
|Sharpness||It means that you are interested in enhancing your sharpness, admiring someone who has great sharpness or you already have this characteristic|
|Communication||It means that you are looking for communicating with someone|
|Simplicity||It means that you admire simplicity|
|Brilliance||It means that you are admiring someone who is so brilliant or you think that you are brilliant|
|Vision||It means that you are concerned about metaphysics and you believe that it might have an effect on your life|
|Prestige||It means that you are admiring someone who is so brilliant or you think that you are brilliant|
|Magic||It means that you are concerned about metaphysics and you believe that it might have an effect on your life|
|Honour||It means that you admire honour or the bird represents someone with honour|
|Peace||It means that you are looking for peace|
Bird dream meaning based on your experience
The meaning of your bird dream could be related to an experience you had prior the dream. It can be a day, a month, a year or even several years before your dream.
For example, you were thinking about adopting a bird before going to sleep and that wish was represented in your dream. Also, if you had any experience with birds previously such as feeding them, then it could be the reason why it was presented in your dream.
Your experiences can include:
- Thinking about birds for any reason
- You have seen birds recently
- You have interacted with birds
- You have seen someone interacting with a bird
- Someone talked to you about birds
Bird dream meaning based on exposure
Have you been exposed to a relevant stimulus prior your dream
There are two types of exposure which they are direct exposure and indirect exposure.
Direct exposure to a bird can include:
- Reading a book, a magazine or an article about birds
- Watching a TV show about birds
- Watching a movie about birds
- Observing birds
- Someone talked to you about birds
- In case you have been exposed to a direct stimulus, then your bird dream meaning can be linked directly to it.
Indirect exposure to a bird can include:
- Hearing birds during your sleep
- Seeing a shape that refers to birds indirectly
- Watching a scene about birds without noticing it
When you experience an indirect stimulus, it gets stored in your subconscious and sometimes be presented in your dreams.
How to remember your bird dream
The best way to remember your dream is recalling it repeatedly in your head as soon as you wake up until you save it in your notebook or device. It is an effective way to keep the details of your dream from evaporating as time goes by.
For most people, it is not an easy task as it may seem, because dreams fade quickly after waking up. It might fade completely or partially depending on your dream, memory, brain condition and your interest in the dream itself.
For example, if you had a nightmare about being attacked by a bird or birds in your dream, then your brain might forget the details to protect itself from that unpleasant experience.
In order to remember your bird dream, follow these steps:
- Bring a paper sheet and a pen or any device (to save your notes as you remember it)
- Find a calm spot where you can focus and concentrate
- Get comfortable in your chair, bed or on the floor
- Clear your mind of all irrelevant thoughts
- Take a deep breath and begin concentrating as you feel the air filling your lung
- Exhale slowly as you feel all the irrelevant thoughts fade away
- Recall your feelings when you were dreaming
- Remember the conditions, scenario and the progression of events
- Write down everything you could recall about your dream (or save it on your device)
- Repeat the process if you are feeling something is missing