To understand your falling dream meaning, you will need to remember everything you can about your dream, including the progression of events, scenario, elements, objects, the environment and your feelings while you were dreaming, in addition to your major and minor relevant experiences prior the dream.
The true meaning of falling in your dream can be interpreted in light of these variables as you are going to see in the following lines.
Falling dream meaning based on the place
Do you remember the place where you were falling in your dream? If your answer is yes, then it could be a vital key in understanding your falling dream meaning.
Falling in a well dream meaning
- You are concerned about getting trapped
- You are claustrophobic and your fears were presented in that well
- You are being threatened to be trapped
- You are trapped in a certain situation
- You are concerned about being surrounded by problems
- You are interested in retrieving a valuable object
- It could mean that you are feeling guilty
- You are concerned about drowning in your own problems
- You are afraid of loneliness
- You are concerned about being left behind
- You are worried about being forgotten
- You are in need of someone to get your through your problems
- You have just seen a movie about a well and it made you concerned about falling in one
- You have read a story about a well
- You have heard about wells or someone falling in a well recently
Falling from a skyscraper dream meaning
- Your fear of heights
- You don’t trust the people around you
- You have a huge problem and you are worried that you might not be able to solve it
- You have been to a skyscraper recently
- You are going to visit a skyscraper
- You are concerned about your business or work
Falling dream meaning based on the characters
Your falling dream meaning can be explained based on the characters that were present in it. Every character can play a critical role in interpreting your dream.
- They could be a source of threat
- They are trying to rescue you from a grave fate
- You believe that your friends would ignore you if you were in trouble
- Your friends are not giving you any attention
- You are concerned that your family might be a source of threat
- Your family might ignore you if you were in trouble
- Your family are not giving you enough attention
- You think that your family might try to get rid of you
- If someone in your family jumped, then it means that you are concerned about him or her
- You do not trust strangers and they represent a source of threat
- You are concerned that strangers might get you in trouble
- You believe that most people are not good people and would not save your from falling
- You are expecting strangers to rescue you (if they rescued you)
Falling dream meaning based on the Scenario
- If you jumped yourself, it means that you are intending to dive into your problems
- If someone pushed you, then that person represents a source of threat to you in your life
- If you were just having an endless fall, it means that you are afraid of heights or you are concerned that you might not be able to get over your problems
- If you were rescued from falling, it means that you are expecting help from someone around you to get you over your troubles
- If you were left there in the well, it means that you are worried of getting abandoned
- If someone attacked you after your fall, it means you are worried that someone might take an offensive action against you in your life
- If were unable to climb after falling, it means that you are not expecting your problems to be solved
- If you could climb and survive the fall, it means that you have confidence in solving your problems
Falling dream meaning based on symbolism
|Confidence||If you survived on your own, then it means that you have confidence in yourself|
|Hope||If you were saved, then it means that you have faith in people and that things are going to get better|
|Sadness||It means that you are disappointed in your life|
|Trouble||It means that you are going into trouble or expecting to face a problem in your life|
|Loss||It means that you have lost someone or expecting to lose someone|
|Lack of hope||It means that you do not have much hope in your life if you hit the bottom and did not survive or if you were not rescued|
|Lack of control||It means that you are lacking control in your life (For example: being bullied at school, having a terrible manager at work, not getting enough attention in your team, family and home)|
|Lack of confidence||It means that you do not believe in yourself or the people around you|
|Loneliness||If you were alone while falling or after the fall, it means that you are likely experiencing loneliness in your daily life|
|Guilt||It means that you are feeling guilty because of something you have done.|
|Accident||It means that you are worried about having an accident or someone around you had an accident|
|Threat||It means that you are being threatened and concerned about falling into trouble|
|Fear of heights||It means that you are afraid of heights and that fear was triggered by a recent experience or exposure|
Falling dream meaning based on your experience
The true meaning of your falling dream could be interpreted in light of your daily life experiences prior your dream. The more recent your experiences are, the more likely it could explain your dream.
Your experiences can include:
- Thinking about falling for any reason
- Being on a high floor of a building or a skyscraper
- You had to do some work on a high altitude
- You have fallen recently
- You were about to fall recently
- Someone you know have fallen
- You have lost someone
- You are afraid of losing someone
- You have seen someone falling
Falling dream meaning based on your exposure
Exposure can be divided in two main categories: direct exposure and indirect exposure
Direct exposure to falling can include:
- Reading about someone falling in a book.
- Reading about someone falling in a magazine or an article.
- Reading about someone falling in the news.
- Watching someone falling in a TV show.
- Watching someone falling in a movie.
- Talking about falling.
- You have seen someone falling in real life.
Indirect exposure to falling can include:
- You have watched a scene of someone falling without noticing it
- You have seen someone falling in an advertisement for a few seconds and it could only be noticed and stored in your subconscious
- You have seen an object that represents falling indirectly
- You have heard about falling indirectly
- You have heard a word similar to (falling) that brought your attention to falling
- You were subject to wind or an earthquake while you were asleep
- You have heard a falling sound while you were asleep
- You were sleeping on the edge of a bed
How to remember your falling dream
Some people are capable of remembering their dreams as clear as crystal, while others can only remember bits and pieces. There are several explanations for it according to recent studies in psychology. In the majority of cases, people who are used to recall their dreams, are capable of remembering more details when compared to those who are not.
Also, it appears that there is a link between the ability to remember dreams and the brain. There are ways to boost your memory and be able to recall memories faster and more efficient such as memorisation apps, Rubik’s cube and puzzles.
To remember your falling dream, follow these steps:
- Bring a pen and a paper for taking notes (You can always use a device instead)
- Find a proper spot where you can focus (Some people can only focus in loud places, which is okay as long as it helps)
- Get comfortable in your spot
- Take a deep breath and begin concentrating on your falling dream
- Clear your mind of all irrelevant thoughts
- Recall the major events of your falling dream and picture it in your mind
- Remember the fall and all the details you can about it
- Remember your feelings while you were falling
- Write down every thing you could remember about the fall and get it ready for analysis
- Repeat the steps in different times if you are missing some details